Half Day Must Sees in Lima
From modern and cosmopolitan Lima, Peru's Capital City, you will go back in time through the Colonial and Pre-Hispanic stages of Peruvian History. Drive through Lima's first freeway, built during 1960s and 1970s to arrive to the Downtown Lima, historic site per UNESCO, where you will appreciate its impressive monuments and imposing architecture from the colonial times. You will visit Convento de Santo Domingo (circa 16th century), one of the best preserved monasteries in whole of Lima where you will be able to see the old Lima from its tower. Visit continues to the Larco Museum, featuring the finest gold and silver collection from Ancient Peru and the famous "erotic" archaeological collection. Finally, you will be able to walk around one of Lima's oldest neighborhoods, Pueblo Libre, and try “picarones”, a Peruvian dessert originated in the colonial period, made of squash and sweet potatoes. One the way back to your hotel you will observe Huaca Huallamarca, a pre-Inca adobe pyramid.
- Walk the Historic Downtown of Lima (Unesco site), walk through its most important streets to observe its architecture, monuments, etc.
- Visit Museo Larco, best Precolombian Art private collection in Peru.
- Visit Convent of Santo Domingo, one of the best preserved from the colonial times and climb its tower, to have a great view of the city.
- Try picarones, a traditional dessert made of squash and sweet potatoes in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Lima.
- Observe a Pre-Colombian archaeological site, Huaca Huallamarca, in the middle of the residential area.
Guide, entrance fees, transportation in minivan, snacks, and bottled water. Tour starts and ends in any hotel located in Miraflores or San Isidro.
Price per person, shared visit, maximum 6 participants: US$70
Ask for private departure prices and tailor-made routes at email@example.com
2pm - 6:30pm from Mondays to Sundays
- On main holidays
Shared visits are only in English or only in Spanish.
Private departures can be in any required language.